Last night I was up to something, and usually this doesn’t end well. However, luck was on my side and my oats project turned out amazing. I am not really great at dish creations but I think oats are hard to mess up. Therefore, you can take this recipe with a grain of salt (literally) add anything you like/ switch out anything you don’t. Also most times I read other people’s recipes they blabber on about who knows what for what seems like minutes until you finally get the the good stuff. I’ll spare you your time and get straight to it.
- 1/4th cup light vanilla soy milk
- 1/4th cup of vanilla greek yogurt
- 1/8th cup reduced fat cream cheese
- 1/2 a cup of oats
- 1/2 a scoop of vanilla soy protein
- 1 tablespoon of chia seeds
- 1/2 a cup of blueberries
- a splash of vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon of maple syrup
- Add the oats, chia seeds and protein powder into a bowl.
- Add in the soy milk and greek yogurt and stir until combined.
- Pour the combined ingredients into a mason jar and add half the blueberries.
- In the bowl stir the vanilla extract, maple syrup, and cream cheese until smooth. (Note: I did this by hand with a fork but you can also mix in a mixing bowl as the cream cheese can be hard to mix).
- Pour this into the mason jar and refrigerate overnight or for at least five hours. (Overnight is preferred because the flavors absorb better into the oats the longer you wait.
- In the morning take the jar out of the fridge and add the rest of the blueberries on top. Give everything a stir and enjoy in a bowl or straight out of the mason jar!
- Optional: Top with some granola for some extra crunch.
For some similar inspiration check out this similar recipe below!