I don’t know about you guys, but I am easily scared away by baking that has a long list of ingredients in it. Mostly because I am lazy, but also because I hate having to buy all these items to only use them one or twice. The solution- a seven ingredient banana bread with two of the ingredients being completely optional. This banana bread is also gluten free and there is even a variation that makes it vegan. I know a lot of you guys have been asking for the recipe so I’ll get straight to it.
- 2 Cups of Rolled Oats
- 3 Ripe Bananas
- 1/4th a Cup of Maple Syrup
- 1 Teaspoon of Baking Soda
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Shake of Cinnamon (optional)
- 1 Handful of Raisins (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Add all the ingredients besides the raisins into a food processor or a blender.
- Blend until all the ingredients become smooth.
- Once smooth, turn off and manually stir in the raisins.
- Spray a loaf pan with pam and add the mixture to the pan.
- Put in the oven for around 25-30 minutes, it will be done when you stick in a toothpick (or fork) and nothing is seen on the toothpick.
- Take out of the oven and leave out until it cools completely.
- Wrap in plastic wrap and stick in the fridge.
- When you are ready to enjoy, eat cold or reheat in the microwave! My favorite way to enjoy is by adding almond butter and fresh banana.
- Substituting the egg for chia seeds.
- Using honey instead of the maple syrup.
- Add in chocolate chips or peanut butter chips.
- Adding a dash of vanilla extract to the mixture while ingredients get added to the blender or food processor, this will make the banana taste more prominent.