Its the holiday season which means colder weather and warmer food. I remember as a kid my brother and I would play outside in the snow and come back inside to warm hot chocolates. My mom would just have them ready to enjoy and it was the best feeling to wrap my hands around the warm mug and smell the delicious chocolate. Hot chocolate was such a staple in my childhood (and still is something I crave) so I wanted to come up with a healthier/vegan version. Hope you enjoy!
- 2 cups of mylk (I used unsweetened soy)
- 2 tbsp of cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp of maple syrup
- 1 tbsp of honey
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- a piece or two of bakers chocolate (depending on size)
- Optional: CBD oil, Almond Whip Cream, Marshmallows, Sprinkles, Chocolate Chips
- Add all the ingredients (except for the optional) into a mug and microwave for 2 minutes.
- Stir the mix and then place back in the microwave for another minute or until desired warmth.
- If you want you can enjoy as is but you can also add .25ml*** of CBD oil
- Then I topped with dairy free whip cream, marshmallows, sprinkles and dark chocolate chips, all optional.
If you are new to CBD or want a lower taste difference lower the dosage of CBD used. Make sure to only add the CBD until after you are done microwaving as it will lose a lot of its effects if heated too high.
I also made sure this was completely vegan/ dairy free but you can adjust based on your preferences!